This unit is filled with partner activities, writing prompts and art projects to help your students get to know themselves and each other during those first crucial weeks of school. I find that in getting to know ourselves and each other we build a great classroom community from the beginning!
Please download the preview to see what is inside!
In this unit:
- Get to know me: a partner activity to help students get to know one another
- Teaming up: another partner activity to get students moving around the room and getting to know one another
- Meet our class: a class book and keepsake for the year
- These are a few of my favorite things: fun craft for an open house or back to school night. 2 different craft options available
- Namesakes: a fun at-home activity to let students get to know where their name originates from.
- Presentation rubrics (speaking and listening) included
- Color me happy: an art and writing project to go with the Dr. Seuss book, My Many Colored Days.
NOTE: This has been recently updated to include the Canadian English spellings of the words favourite, colour, etc.**