Close Reading Passages: Winter Edition
These close reading passages and questions for first grade are perfect to help young readers practice the important skill of close reading.
GET ALL FOUR SEASONS IN THE DISCOUNTED BUNDLE:
I have been through numerous trainings for close reading and at first I thought it was skill too difficult for my 1st graders. When I started researching the topic more, I realized that when broken down, there are parts of close reading that can apply to any reader, regardless of their grade level.
In this unit:
– An overview of close reading
– How I use close reading strategies with my first graders
– 3 different winter close reading printables that can be used with any winter book the teacher chooses
– 5 non-fiction winter passages with vocabulary and comprehension questions
– 5 fiction winter passages with vocabulary and comprehension questions
*Close reading is a difficult skill for students to master. I complete all of these activities WITH my students in whole group and guided practice fashion. These may be appropriate for higher-level 1st graders or 2nd graders to complete on their own*
To see what close reading looks like in my classroom, check out my blog post HERE!
Thank God it’s First Grade!