GET ALL FOUR SEASONS IN THE DISCOUNTED BUNDLE:
I have been through numerous trainings for close reading and at first I thought it was skill too difficult for my 1st graders. When I started researching the topic more, I realized that when broken down, there are parts of close reading that can apply to any reader, regardless of their grade level.
In this unit:
– An overview of close reading
– How I use close reading strategies with my first graders
– 3 different winter close reading printables that can be used with any winter book the teacher chooses
– 5 non-fiction winter passages with vocabulary and comprehension questions
– 5 fiction winter passages with vocabulary and comprehension questions
*Close reading is a difficult skill for students to master. I complete all of these activities WITH my students in whole group and guided practice fashion. These may be appropriate for higher-level 1st graders or 2nd graders to complete on their own*
To see what close reading looks like in my classroom, check out my blog post HERE!
Thank God it’s First Grade!