First Grade Morning Work (JANUARY): Phonological Awareness & Math Skills
This first-grade morning work (January) is purposefully made with phonological awareness activities and math review that is developmentally appropriate for the beginning of the school year!
Each month, the phonological/phonemic awareness skills build upon one another as do the math skills. There are 2 different formats for students to work with in January and there are 24 different morning worksheets in total.
In January, students will:
- Identify the day of the week
- Blend together sounds to make words
- Blend onset and rime to make words
- Identify the tens and ones in a 2-digit number
- Identify the value of an underlined digit in a 2-digit number
- Generate rhymes
Take a look at the preview to see a more detailed example of the pages included this month!