First Grade Writer’s Workshop units
This first grade writing bundle is aligned to the Common Core standards and helps students with personal narratives, opinion writing, and informative writing as they work through the writing process. Students will brainstorm, draw, write, revise, edit and publish their own writing pieces for each genre of writing. This unit covers narrative writing, opinion writing and informative writing for all first grade writing standards!
- Daily lessons set up in the “I do, We do, You do” format
- A brief note about how I use the unit in my classroom
- Teacher tips
- Graphic organizers for students
- Anchor charts
- Writing pages for rough drafts and published pieces
- Editing/Revision checklists
- A rubric for easy grading
Each of these writing units will help you teach the major Common Core writing standards throughout the year. Please download the previews to see example pages from each unit!
These units were aligned to the 1st grade standards, but are also suitable for Kindergarten and 2nd grade!
Please download the individual previews to see more about what’s included in each unit.