Fractions Hands On Activities
These fraction activities and printables are the perfect hands on, interactive games for first grade!
The objectives of these lessons, activities, and printables are:
Students will be able to:
– Identify equal and nonequal parts of shapes and sets.
– Identify 1/2 of a shape and a set
– Partition a shape in half
– Identify 1/4 of a shape and a set
– Partition a shape into fourths
– Identify and create fractions of a set
In this unit:
– Sharing Cookies (identifying equal parts)
– “Break me off a piece?” partitioning in halves
– 2 Fraction Sorts (equal vs. not equal and 1/2 or 1/4)
– Partner Spinner Games – four different games
– Pick Em (fractions of sets)
– Fraction Set Cards – showing and identifying fractions
– Fraction Task Cards
– 3 Different Printable Practice Pages
Download the preview to get a closer look at what’s included!