How do you use these in your classroom?
These task cards are a great hands on center for your students to complete either independently or with a partner. When students are moving through math centers, I like to assign these task cards for students to complete. You can also use these in small groups as you guide them through the activity and re-teach as needed.
What is included in this unit?
There are five different task card centers included in this unit (with 20+ cards each):
These geometry task cards are a great way for students to practice identify attributes of 2D and 3D shapes, :
- Make Me!: Here students will look at each task card and decide which two of the three manipulatives they will be using. Next they will line up the two sets of numbers on top of one another. Then they will go back and decide if they are looking for which is longer or shorter. Then, using an expo marker they will Circle their answer.
- Build a Shape: here students will use cubes to measure each picture. Then, they will write the correct answer with an expo marker in the box.
- Find & Circle (2D & 3D): here students will read each task card and follow the directions. Then, they will record their answer on their answer sheet.
- Match & Clip: here students will look at each dinosaur along the ruler. Next, they will measure how long each is and circle the correct answer with an expo marker.
- Which does not belong?: Here students will use the numbers 1, 2 and 3 to label the flowers and worms from shortest to longest.
Please note: these cards should be laminated so they can be used with dry-erase markers over and over again.