How do you use these in your classroom?
These task cards are a great hands on center for your students to complete either independently or with a partner. When students are moving through literacy centers, I like to assign these task cards for students to complete. You can also use these in small groups as you guide them through the activity and re-teach as needed.
What is included in this unit?
There are five different task card centers included in this unit (with 20+ cards each):
These literacy center task cards are a great way for students to practice words with glued sounds! There are five different task card centers included in this unit:
- Say & Clip: here students will look at the image and circle or clip ending glued sound they hear (ng or nk).
- Finish the Word: here students will complete the missing glued sound in the word.
- Read & Match: here students will read the word at the top and circle the image that matches.
- Change the Word: here students will read the top word (real or nonsense), then add what is needed to make the bottom image. This will help them hear the difference of the nasalized /ng/ sound. Thin -> think
- Real or Nonsense?: here students will read the word and determine if it is real or not.
Please note: these cards should be laminated so they can be used with dry-erase markers over and over again.