Informative writing for First Grade: All About Book
This informative writer’s workshop unit was created to help your students create an All About Book about their favorite animal. They will go through the research and writing processes as the unit aligns directly with the common core standards!
Each year my first grade students research animals and create their own All About Books! This pack guides you step-by-step as you help your kids discover their love for non-fiction texts and writing. In the end, you have some adorable and informative books for your students to keep!
- A look at how I use this unit in my Classroom
- Parent letter introducing unit
- Background info, Helpful hints, and Organizational tips
- Animal book bin labels to help organize researcg
- Daily detailed lesson plans in the “I do, We do, You do” format
- Voting sheets to help students choose animal
- “Fascinating Facts” research recording sheet
- Caption Action: early finishers project
- Grading rubric
- Publishing pages
After completing this animal project, you could use the templates for many different “All About” subjects.
Please download the preview to see more about what is included!