Each year my first grade students research animals and create their own All About Books! This pack guides you step-by-step as you help your kids discover their love for non-fiction texts and writing. In the end, you have some adorable and informative books for your students to keep!
- A look at how I use this unit in my Classroom
- Parent letter introducing unit
- Background info, Helpful hints, and Organizational tips
- Animal book bin labels to help organize researcg
- Daily detailed lesson plans in the “I do, We do, You do” format
- Voting sheets to help students choose animal
- “Fascinating Facts” research recording sheet
- Caption Action: early finishers project
- Grading rubric
- Publishing pages
After completing this animal project, you could use the templates for many different “All About” subjects.
Please download the preview to see more about what is included!