Kindergarten Morning Work (MAY): Phonological Awareness & Math Skills
This kindergarten morning work (May) is purposefully made with phonological awareness activities and math review that is developmentally appropriate for the beginning of the school year!
Each month, the phonological/phonemic awareness skills build upon one another as do the math skills. There are two different layouts for May skills so students can become familiar with what they’re doing.
In May, students will:
- Identify the day of the week
- Substitute initial phonemes to identify new words
- Substitute initial phonemes to write new words
- Solve subtraction problems within 10
- Identify subtraction equations by looking at images
Take a look at the preview to see a more detailed example of the pages included this month!