How do you use these in your classroom?
These task cards are a great hands on center for your students to complete either independently or with a partner. When students are moving through math centers, I like to assign these task cards for students to complete. You can also use these in small groups as you guide them through the activity and re-teach as needed.
What is included in this unit?
There are five different task card centers included in this unit (with 20+ cards each):
- Show the number: here students will look at the number and build it in the 5 or 10 frame. They can use small objects, like beads, or they can draw circles with a marker.
- Count and Cover: here students will count the buttons shown on the left and then cover all the numbers that match.
- Roll & Fill: here students will roll the amount of dice shown on the card (1, 2, or 3) and then fill the jar using small manipulatives to match that number. They will repeat every time they pull a new card.
- Subitize & Clip: here students will look quickly at the numbers and clip the correct one with a clothespin (they can also cover it or circle it)
- Count & Write: here students will count the bears and write the number on the line.
Please note: these cards should be laminated so they can be used with dry-erase markers over and over again.
Susan Jones Teaching