How do you use these in your classroom?
These task cards are a great hands on center for your students to complete either independently or with a partner. When students are moving through math centers, I like to assign these task cards for students to complete. You can also use these in small groups as you guide them through the activity and re-teach as needed.
What is included in this unit?
There are five different task card centers included in this unit (with 20+ cards each):
These place value cards are a great way for students to practice place value within 120:
- Count & Clip: here students will look at the base ten blocks below each monster. They will then count and clip the correct answer to the right.
- Build & Compare: here students will use base ten blocks to build the sets of numbers. They will then use an expo marker to put a > < or = sign in the star.
- Build & Add: here students will look at the number in the first box. Then, they will read the rule and add +1 or +10 and write the answer in the box.
- Build & Subtract: here students will look at the number in the first box. Then, they will read the rule and add -1 or -10 and write the answer in the box.
- Read & Color: Here students will look at the number on the crayon box. Then, they will color in that number on the 100 grid.
- Count & Write: Here students will count the base ten blocks and write in how many tens and ones with an expo marker.
Please note: these cards should be laminated so they can be used with dry-erase markers over and over again.