Why choose these math games?
I don’t know about your students, but mine LOVE to play games & how could you blame them?! These games are the perfect way to have your students practice skills they’ve already learned to help their fluency. This is also a great time for you, as the teacher, to walk around and check in with students and offer help as needed. As students are engaged in their games you can also pull students in small groups for some guided practice or intervention.
I made each of these games with EASE in mind. With the same game formats and tools you already have in your classroom, these games make life easy! I will usually have my students meet in a circle on the rug while I show them how to play the game. Once they know how to play, simply print one of the pages and let students play!
There are 6 Common Core aligned print & play games to help students practice fractions and shapes. The only tools you will ever need for these games are things you find in your classroom already: dice, a pencil, paperclips, crayons & some sort of cube or counter.
The 6 different games are:
- 2D/3D Find it (review games to identify shapes in the real world)
- Fill the Grid (recognize and draw 2D and 3D shapes based on their attributes)
- Match my Face (identifying faces on 3D objects)
- Who has more? (portioning rectangles into columns and rows to find the number of squares)
- Fraction This (partitioning shapes into halves, thirds, and fourths)
- 4-in-a-row Fractions (identifying shaded fractions of a shape – halves, thirds, quarters)
All games are in black and white so you can just print & play! Truly no prep needed!
Download the preview to see the games included!