Why choose these math games?
I don’t know about your students, but mine LOVE to play games & how could you blame them?! These games are the perfect way to have your students practice skills they’ve already learned to help their fluency. This is also a great time for you, as the teacher, to walk around and check in with students and offer help as needed. As students are engaged in their games you can also pull students in small groups for some guided practice or intervention.
I made each of these games with EASE in mind. With the same game formats and tools you already have in your classroom, these games make life easy! I will usually have my students meet in a circle on the rug while I show them how to play the game. Once they know how to play, simply print one of the pages and let students play!
There are 6 Common Core aligned print & play games to help students practice standard measurement and data. The only tools you will ever need for these games are things you find in your classroom already: dice, a pencil, paperclips, crayons & some sort of cube or counter.
The 6 different games are:
- Roll & Graph (creating and analyzing bar graphs)
- Spin & Plot (creating and analyzing line plots)
- Match My Measurement (using standard measurements)
- Roll & Compare (standard measurement and comparing lengths)
- Find & Measure (standard measurement and comparing lengths)
- Let’s Compare (standard measurement, ordering, and comparing lengths)
All games are in black and white so you can just print & play! Truly no prep needed!
Download the preview to see the games included!