How do you use these in your classroom?
These task cards are a great hands on center for your students to complete either independently or with a partner. When students are moving through literacy centers, I like to assign these task cards for students to complete. You can also use these in small groups as you guide them through the activity and re-teach as needed.
What is included in this unit?
There are five different task card centers included in this unit (with 20+ cards each):
These literacy center task cards are a great way for students to practice the silent e rule. There are four different task card centers included in this unit:
- Find & Clip: students will say the image aloud and clip the vowel sound they hear in the word.
- Fill it in: students will complete the vowel that is missing in the word.
- Add & Circle: read the CVC word, then add the silent e to the end and circle the picture that matches the new word.
- Find It!: here students will look at the image and find the correct word that matches. They are all similar so they must look closely.
- Complete the Word: this activity is similar to fill it in, but instead of just the vowel sound, students will fill in whichever letter is missing.
Please note: these cards should be laminated so they can be used with dry-erase markers over and over again.