Whole Group Phonics Teaching Slides: Science of Reading
These whole group phonics slides are aligned to the Science of Reading and help teachers introduce new phonics skills/concepts effectively! Each skill includes the following 5 slides:
- SLIDE 1: phonemic awareness practice – students will identify the sounds they hear in an alliterative sentence and through focus images
- SLIDE 2: explicit phonics instruction – students will learn the new concept and see how to make the sound correctly with their mouth
- SLIDE 3: brainstorming – students will connect prior knowledge by brainstorming words with the target sound in it
- SLIDE 4: letter formation – students will learn how to make each letter correctly
- SLIDE 5: review & visual discrimination – students will review the target sound and work together to find the grapheme(s) that make that sound
Currently, there are 5 slides for each of the following scope & sequence (please note MORE SKILLS are to come!)
- short a
- short i
- short o
- short u
- short e
**digraphs, long vowels, silent e, diphthongs, and more are being added!
Please note this unit is already included in the SJT Literacy Club.