That being said, this unit could stand on its own without the previous opinion unit. Your students may require a few extra “what is an opinion?” lessons!
Please download the preview to see more!
In this unit:
– Getting Started: a detailed outline on how I teach the unit
– What is a review? anchor chart
– The parts of a review mini reference posters
– What can we review? anchor chart
– 3 different activities for students to practice reviewing: a toy review, food tasting, and plenty of different review cards
– 2 different 1st grade “exemplar” student samples
– Graphic organizers to map out student thinking
– Writing templates to pick and choose from
– Class book ideas
– Individual and partner editing checklists
– Individual and partner revision checklists
– Writing reviews rubric