How do you use these in your classroom?
These task cards are a great hands on center for your students to complete either independently or with a partner. When students are moving through literacy centers, I like to assign these task cards for students to complete. You can also use these in small groups as you guide them through the activity and re-teach as needed.
What is included in this unit?
There are five different task card centers included in this unit (with 20+ cards each):
- Find the Word: here students will look at an image and find the correct spelling of the word to circle or clip with a clothespin.
- Change the Word: here students will complete the missing letter. The word on top will always change the first sound to make the new word.
- What’s the Sound?: here students will look at an image and identify the middle sound.
- Mix & Write: here students will rearrange the letters to make a real CVC word and write it on the lines.
- Say & Build: here students will say the word aloud, tap the sounds, then write the letters that represent the sounds in the boxes (or build with letter magnets/tiles).
Please note: these cards should be laminated so they can be used with dry-erase markers over and over again.
Susan Jones Teaching