First Week of School Activities and a FREEBIE!
July 19, 2014
This product has all the same great material. It is just updated with some new clipart! I also added a few new activities that your students are sure to love.
Here is a part of the mini-book my students complete throughout the week:
It also still includes one of my favorite activities that we complete after we read My Mouth is a Volcano! by Julia Cook. It is a must at the beginning of the year!
There are 11 total activities for your students to complete during those first weeks of school. The list is as follows:
– My new class mini-book (boy and girl version)
– Writing response: “One important class rule is….”
– All About Me! Brainstorming map
– Things I am good at! Brainstorming map
– Ice breaker: “Find someone…”
– Partner activity: Classroom Checklist!
– Library Exploration: My Book Hunt!
– This Year vs. Last Year Venn Diagrom
– Summer personal narrative – organizers and writing paper
– Things I love about my new class – organizer and writing paper
– “My Mouth is a Volcano!” craft and writing activity
I also decided to make one of the new additions to the unit a FAN FREEBIE on my facebook page. This is a classroom checklist for you students to complete with a partner. It is a fun way for them to get to know the classroom and their surroundings a little better!
Just click the image below to grab it.
Also don’t forget, if you already purchased this item, just re-download it on TPT and you will get the new version!
Have a happy, happy weekend everyone!
Leave A Comment - 8 Comments
What a fun unit! I'm heading over to download my freebie! Thanks!
🙂 Stephanie from First Grade Bangs
I am I first year teacher and love love these ideas! I’m about to buy the book My Mouth is a Volcano right now, it seems perfect for the first week.
Can’t wait to try this!
I would love a copy!
I would love some new first week back to school ideas.